- Compliance with Laws and Regulations and Efforts to Improve the Handling of Personal Information
We comply with the Personal Information Protection Act and related laws and regulations as well as with generally accepted practices for the handling of personal information. We handle personal information appropriately in accordance with these items, and work constantly to improve our handling of personal information.
- Establishing and Implementing Internal Rules
We maintain a clear set of rules on the handling of personal information, and ensure that employees (including directors, employees, contract employees, part time staff, and temporary staff) fully observe the rules. We also require our business partners to handle personal information appropriately.
- Appropriate Collection of Personal Information and Specification of Purpose of Use
We collect personal information according to legitimate and fair methods, specify the purpose of use when communicating or disclosing the information, and handle the information in accordance with the stated purpose of use.
- Safeguarding and Managing Personal Information
We take the necessary measures and appropriately manage personal information to prevent leakage, loss, or falsification of personal information.
- Requests and Complaints from Customers
When we receive requests, from customers or other individuals, for the disclosure, correction, deletion, or cessation of use of personal information that we hold, and when we receive complaints from customers or other individuals, we clearly specify the internal contact responsible for handling the matter and deal with such requests and complaints with due respect and sincerity.
3. Purpose of Use of Personal Information
We collect personal information necessary for performing our business activities in a variety of situations, manage and use part of that information as “personal data” or “stored personal data.” The purposes of using such personal information are described below. However, after collecting personal information from an individual, we may, at times, separately disclose or inform the individual the purpose of use of that information. In such situations, or when we have explicitly specified in writing (including in writing on websites or by other electronic means) the purpose of use of personal information when collecting it from the individual, the personal information will be used in accordance with the stated purpose.
To ensure smooth business operations, we outsource part of our operations to other parties, disclose and provide personal information to those parties, but only to the extent required. In such cases, we screen and examine those parties, conclude the necessary agreements, and perform appropriate oversight.
- Purpose of use of personal information regarding customers and business partners in all of Aucnet’s operations, including automobile and motorcycle businesses, flower business, digital products business, branded item, medical device business, system service business, their ancillary businesses, and internal and administrative operations
We use personal information to perform business activities and provide services primarily within the scope of our main business activities. Due to the characteristics of the business, we may disclose personal information including images of used cars to third parties, such as members and customers, for the purpose of auctioning and selling the cars.
- We may also use personal information for the purpose of marketing, product development, and other service provision besides the main business activities of Aucnet and Aucnet Group companies.
- Purpose of use of personal information and personal data collected in conjunction with work outsourced to us
- We use personal information and data only to the extent required to perform the requested work.
- Purpose of use of shareholders’ personal information.
- We use personal information to exercise our rights or perform obligations under the Companies Act.
- We use personal information to afford various benefits to shareholders.
- We use personal information to implement measures for facilitating smooth shareholder relations.
- We use personal information to prepare shareholder data pursuant to applicable laws and regulations and for other shareholder-data-management purposes.
- Purpose of Use of Directors’ and Employees’ Personal Information
- We use personal information for matters relating to personnel affairs, training, benefits, and other human resources issues.
- Our employees use personal information to perform assigned duties and tasks.
- Purpose of Use of Personal Information Based on Basic Policy against Anti-Social Forces
- We use personal information in accordance with the Basic Policy against Anti-Social Forces, which we stipulated separately in order to eliminate any relationship with such forces.
4. Disclosing and Providing Information to Third Parties
We will not disclose or provide personal information to any third party (including outsourcing counterparties as described above), except when:
- Such disclosure/provision is agreed to by the customer;
- The information is provided in the form of statistical data that prevents individuals from being identified;
- Required by law;
- It is necessary for the protection of the life or property of the customer or other individuals and obtaining consent from the customer is difficult;
- The disclosure/provision is made in cooperation with national or local authorities, or an individual or entity appointed by such authorities to enforce the law or carry out legal process, and when seeking the consent of the individual could affect such enforcement or legal process;
- We disclose personal information contained in the images of used cars to third parties or customers for the purpose of auctions and sales.（※）
- We disclose or provide personal information to the parties described in the following section for the purpose of sharing the personal information.
"※ We do not disclose personal information if being instructed not to do so by the individual concerned. Individuals who do not want their personal information to be disclosed should inform us via one of our member dealers.
5. Sharing Personal Information
We share personal data with as follows:
- Content of Personal Data Shared
Customer data held in conjunction with automobile and motorcycle businesses, flower business, digital products business, branded item business and their ancillary businesses, including individuals’ names, postal addresses, and telephone numbers.
- Group Companies and Purpose of Use of Shared Information
Used car inspection business
General Affairs Dept. (03-3512-6118)
Used car auction brokerage business
General Affairs Dept. (03-3512-6123)
Aucnet Sales and Support, Inc.
Sales and follow-up business of used car related business/service
Auc Financial Partners Inc.
Product development and operation of used car assured and automobile assurance service.
AUCNET MOTORCYCLE INC.
AUCNET AGRI BUSSINESS INC.
AUCNET CONSUMER PRODUCTS INC.
Pre-owned luxury brand item auctions
System support business
Aucnet Medical Inc.
Inspection,Tranceport and Intermediary service for medical equipmetnt.
AUCNET IBS INC.
Providing IT system solutions and IT system support for auction businesses.
Used car auctions for end-users
Blancco Japan Inc.
Sales of data erasure software for IT devices and auxiliary services in Japan and other Asian countries
iNG Communications Co.
System support business
Advanced Core Technology Co., Inc.
Research and development of core technology of Internet.
3. In addition to the above, the Automobile Division shares personal information as follows:
Automobile Division personal information sharing policy
4. Business partners and Purpose of Use of Shared Information
Car accessories wholesale business
General Affairs Dept. (03-5766-8288)
Auc Service Inc.
General Affairs Dept. (03-5786-6811)
When a customer makes a request for the disclosure of his or her personal information, we disclose such information within a reasonable period of time and to a reasonable extent after firstly confirming that the customer is the individual to whom the information pertains.
7. Correction and Deletion
When a customer makes a request for the correction, addition, or the deletion of his or her personal data held by us, and if the information we hold is actually determined to be incomplete or incorrect, we will correct, add to, or delete the information within a reasonable period of time and to a reasonable extent after firstly confirming that the customer is the individual to whom the information pertains.
8. Cessation of Use and Deletion
When a customer makes a request for the cessation of use of his or her personal data held by us or our subsidiary company, we will stop using or delete the data within a reasonable period of time and to a reasonable extent after firstly confirming that the customer is the individual to whom the information pertains.
We may be unable to provide customers with requested services after ceasing using or deleting part or all of the information. (We may not cease using or delete the information as requested if the information is held in accordance with legal requirements.)
9. Information Disclosure Request Procedures and Contact Office
Requests regarding personal data held by us, as addressed in items 6, 7, and 8, and other inquiries regarding personal information may be made in the following manner, unless otherwise specified.
- Application Procedure
Please send the specified application form together with other required documents by post to the address below.
Write “Confidential” in red ink on the face of the envelope.
Personnel and General Affairs Department
- Documents to Be Submitted
To make a request for disclosure or other requests relating to personal information, please download the request form, fill in the required fields, and send the form together with proof of identity by post to the address given above.
（I）Request Form for Disclosure, Change, or Cessation of Use of Personal Information Held(Please print the form out.)
（II）Proof of Identity
A copy of either your driver’s license, passport, or health insurance card
（III）Proxy and Certificate of Seal Impression
When making an application by proxy, please enclose a letter of proxy containing your seal along with the certificate of seal impression.
- Handling Charges
We will disclose public information requested for a handling charge of \5,250 (tax inclusive) per application form. Please transfer the amount to our bank account, given below, and attach the bank receipt (we also accept ATM receipts) to the application form. Customers are asked to cover the bank’s transfer fee themselves.
Bank of Mitsubishi UFJ, Aoyama Branch Account type: Futsu Account number: 0340535
Account name: AUCNET INC.
10. Complaint Procedures and Contact Office
Complaints regarding our handling of personal information can be made by post or telephone via the address or telephone number below.
Personnel and General Affairs Department
AOYAMA OM Squair
Acquisition of personal information by the methods not easily identified by the user
What are Cookies?
A cookie is a small piece of text that is stored by the browser on your computer or mobile device, so that a website can 'remember' things about your previous and current visits.
You can turn off cookies by changing the settings in your browser. Please check with your browser supplier if you are not sure how to do this. Please note that some functions of our websites may not be available if cookies are turned off.
• For maintenance and management of websites operated by Aucnet Group companies.
•For statistical analysis of the use patterns of websites operated by Aucnet Group companies (including for market research and sales strategies)
•To solve problems of websites operated by Aucnet Group companies
• For providing personalized services by referring to the users’ registration data saved when the users access our services through websites operated by Aucnet Group companies.
• For showing the appropriate advertisements on other companies’ websites based on the contents which users of websites operated by Aucnet Group companies are interested in.
What are Web Beacons?
A web beacon (also known as a clear GIF) is a small image file which enables a website or email to recognize the users who access it.
Aucnet Group companies use web beacons to collect statistical information such as how many times their web pages were visited in order to measure the effects of marketing campaigns via Email and such other instruments .
We may use web beacons to improve the websites and the marketing activities of Aucnet Group companies.
The information we collect through web beacons does not contain any personally identifiable information. Web beacons rely on cookies to function properly, so disabling cookies can interfere with their functionality.
Ad delivery on third-party websites
Aucnet Group companies use behavioral targeting advertising provided by third party websites to provide the most suitable information for users of such third party websites (including Facebook, Twitter, Google, Yahoo! Japan, etc.)
These cookies and access information however do not contain any personally identifiable information and shall only be used for ad delivery purposes.
Please refer to the following for further information about the respective third parties:
• Custom Audiences
• Deactivate ad delivery
• Tailored Audiences
•Personalization based on where you see Twitter content across the web
•Blocking particular advertisement
• Yahoo! DMP
• About Invalidation